Tips for a Productive Team Business Away Day
Is your team in need of an injection of energy? Are you finding that hybrid or remote working is affecting relationships & productivity?
Perhaps an away day might be the solution.
Whilst your first thought for a brainstorming or strategy meeting might be the office, it is rarely conducive to creativity & innovation. People will always be tempted to go back to their desks & check up on their emails.
Holding an off-site meeting can be a great way to shake things up. Just changing the environment can change the dynamic, & without the usual daily distractions, better connections & better ideas can emerge.
If you’re looking for a solution to a tricky problem, need to come up with ideas for next year’s marketing activity, or simply want to address ways of working, some time away from the day-to-day can be productive & motivating.
Our tips for a useful & productive event
- Have a clear objective for the event. What outcomes do you want to achieve? How will you know if it’s successful?
- Let everyone know the purpose of the event. Don’t leave everyone wondering what to expect. Instead, be clear ahead of time what it is about, & whether they need to do any preparation.
- Timing – a whole day could be difficult to fit into everyone’s diary. A half day might be more effective, & you could combine it with a sociable brunch, lunch or drinks.
- Create an agenda that is not too crowded & flexible enough to allow for some social time too.
- Include some activities that require people to work together as a team. Whether it’s tackling a specific business challenge, or building a spaghetti tower, getting people to work together helps build connections that can enhance working relationships once you get back to the normal workday.
- Make time for proper breaks that allow people to chat. Having drinks or time to chill out together is a great way to bond on a whole other level.
- Consider inviting a speaker or external facilitator to provide an extra dimension & a fresh perspective.
- Follow up: Make a plan to keep the energy & momentum going. It’s important to come out of the day with a list of actions & outputs as well as ways to measure success.
We’re a popular choice for team get-togethers for lots of reasons:
- Central Truro location
- Light, bright, inviting spaces
- Screens for presentations or bringing in remote guests
- Break out areas
- Separate bar & lounge area for coffee breaks
- Helpful, responsive & friendly team
- Top quality light bites
- Thoughtfully designed surroundings
- Free car-parking
- EV charging point
Take a look at our meeting facilities for more information or contact the team.